Crete (Greece) - The monastery of Saint Nicholas, part of the Holy Abbey of Vatopedi in Agios Oros (Holy Mountain), constitutes a real decoration for the wide area of Thrace.
Its great religious and historical value, rich Haghioritic heritage and its natural beauty that surrounds it in the natural habitat of Lake Vistonida, render it the pole of attraction for many pilgrims and also visitors.
Church Ruins - Zsambek
Zsámbék (Hungary) - The built of Premonstratensian church begins in 1220.
The church was destroyed in 1241 during the Mongolian invasions. Following the destruction, during the reign of Béla IV of Hungary, the church and monastery were rebuilt.An earthquake in 1763 ruined the church once again, It was not reconstructed after.
Duomo di Lecce
Lecce (Italy) - It is located in the homonymous charming square. The Cathedral is dedicated to St. Mary. Assumption and was built for the first time in 1144, a second in 1230, to be completely rebuilt in 1659 in Baroque style, which characterizes the historical center of Lecce, the Lady of the Baroque.
Duomo in Teramo
Teramo (Italy) - The Cathedral of Teramo (1176) comes from the union of two churches and presents two styles: the Romanesque style in the most ancient (twelfth-century) and the Gothic (fourteenth-century) in the most recent part.The two different styles are visible as well as within the facade and bell tower, 48 meters high.
The interior is bare and simple: the columns come from ancient pagan temples, vaults have the power of the best things of the Middle Ages.
Iasi (Romania) - Located in the middle of the old Moldavian capital and raised on the foundation of the church erected, in the 16th century, by the boyar Ioan Golia, the monastery was rebuilt on a greater scale by Prince Vasile Lupu, between 1650 and 1653, and completed by his son Stefanita.
The monastery is surrounded by tall walls, with corner turrets and a 30 m height tower with 120 steps
St. Stephen Nessebar
Nessebar (Bulgaria) - Dated between 10th or 11th century, it's a Orthodox Church which is now turned into a museum.
The building consists of a three-nave basilica with dimensions 12.1 x 9.5 m, and served as the cathedral church of the metropolitan center in the province of Nessebar.
Medjugorje (Bosnia and Herzegovina) - It is a town located in western Bosnia and Herzegovina, in the Herzegovina region around 25 km southwest of Mostar and close to the border of Croatia. The town is part of the municipality of Citluk. Since 1981, it has become a popular site of religious pilgrimage due to reports of apparitions of the Virgin Mary to six local inhabitants.
Lecce (Italy) - The former convent of the Olivetani Benedictine monks in Lecce was built probably between 1171 and 1174 for the Benedictine Order, it was modified in the fourteenth century and completed in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries, it has now become home to the Faculty of Cultural Heritage University of Salento.
Bucovina (Romania) - The painted church at the Monastery of Voronet, dates back to 1488, and the reign of Stephen the Great.
Often known as the "Sistine Chapel of the East", the frescoes at Voronet feature an intense shade of blue known in Romania as "Voronet blue". "The exterior walls — including a representation of the Last Judgment on the west wall — were painted in 1547.
Vercelli (Italy) - It is an artistic-religious complex with frescoes and sculptures that depict the life of Christ, made between the late 15th and the 18th century. It comprises the Basilica and 45 chapels, populated by more than 800 life size painted statues, in wood and terracotta, that dramatically illustrate the life, passion, death and resurrection of Christ.
Majsperk (Slovenia) - Ptujska Gora pilgrimage church represents one of the finest examples of Gothic architecture. The church itself is known as the Church of the Mantled Virgin Mary the Protector and is one of the best known pilgrimage churches in Slovenia. Since the 15th century the church interior was a real treasury of Gothic sculptures, and the statue of Virgin Mary is the most remarkable with her mantle inviting people to her side.
Rasca (Romania) - Petru Rares founded Rasca Monastery, convent for monks, in 1542. The external walls have been painted by Stamatello Cotronas (1552) and are enough preserved well on the southern frontage. The Monastery have been declared UNESCO monument.
St. Matthias church
Budapest (Hungary) - Located in Buda’s Castle District, this church (built in 1015) had a Romanesque architecture but then has been reconstructed into late Gothic style in the second half of the 14th century. It was the second largest church of medieval Buda and the seventh largest church of medieval Hungarian Kingdom. It is officially known as the Church of Our Lady.